User needs to change email or mobile number contact method, but lacks access to either contact method
Error Message (if available):
Root Cause (if applicable):
- Typo in email or mobile number during on-boarding
- Changed Mobile Number
- Lost access to registered email
- Personal email compromised
Because members are increasingly becoming target for phishing scams and social engineers, any members request changes to devices that can compromise access to your account must submit proof of identification to VBit via Help Center.
Phishing scammers and social engineers are known to attempt to trick people into sending them sensitive information so they can in turn use this information to impersonate that person online in attempt to gain unauthorized access.
- Do not email your ID scan or other private information
- Do not send your ID scan or other private information to anyone on social media
- Do not send your ID scan or other private information to anyone in chat software such as Telegram, Skype, Messenger, etc.
VBit will no longer request these private information via email.
1. Have your scanned photo ID ready. This ID must be unexpired and contains information that matches your profile. This scan must be in these formats:
We will not accept any other extensions. You will attach this file in step 10.
2. Go to Help Center (https://support.vbittech.com)
3. Click on "Submit a request" in the upper right corner of the page:
4. Enter your email address.
5. For "What can we assist you with", select "Technical Support"
6. Enter your: Member ID. Although the form state this is option, this is required for requesting technical support to change email address or mobile number.
7. Leave Order ID blank.
8. For Subject:
- To change email: "Request assistance to make corrections to email address"
- To change mobile: "Request assistance to make corrections to mobile number"
9. For Description, enter a detail description on why you need to make changes.
Include a call back number, in case we need to call you to further confirm your identity
Provide any proof you are the actual real member requesting for changes to be made.
10. Attached the scanned copy of your photo ID:
You'll need to send us a photo of a valid unexpired identity document to authorize the change
11. We may require further verification before we make changes such as scheduling a Zoom video call to verify that you are a live person and to see your ID over Zoom video call.